Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Floating Vibes

I would usually quote a part of the song that I was listening to during a road trip but for this trip...I actually don't remember listening to my iPod. AT. ALL. I wasn't able to listen to it already because the road trip was tiring, fun and funny! If we weren't sleeping, we were talking and lauging non-stop. Vic and I rode with Cloch and Johanne, we both ended up sleeping the entire trip from Manila to La Union, which was understandable since we both came from work...well, too bad for the boys.

For my first surf trip for the first weekend of this year, we headed to La Union! We left Starbucks Katipunan around 11:00 P.M. (Friday), there were 7 or 8 cars in total and we arrived at Mikee's place around 5:00 A.M. (Saturday) Mikee's rest house in La Union is nothing but a haven for a beach bum like me. I really wished I lived in a place like that where I could relax and just simply forget everything. The first thing that we did as soon as we reached the place was to watch the sunrise. Suddenly, we noticed the sun was rising behind us. Since our sunrise watching was a fail, we ended up sitting by the wooden panel by the beach and started to drink! We were all drunk by 7 in the morning! I was awaken by the bright light that was hitting my eyes, turns out it was already lunch time and I've been sleeping on the beach for hours already.

La Union waves are nothing but the best! It's just too crowded. Nevertheless, good start for my surf trip this year! Can't wait for Siargao on the 25th!






(The title of this blog post is one of Surfer Blood's songs called Floating Vibes)

No comments:

Post a Comment