Monday, August 20, 2012

The Boardwalk

"The cure for anything is salt water. Sweat, tears, or the ocean." - Isak Dinesen

The Boardwalk, a photo by revelinmockglory on Flickr.


This is a photo that I took while we were exploring the island one afternoon. I miss the ocean badly. I miss the sound of the waves crashing. I miss surfing. I miss wiping out. I miss paddling and waiting for the next wave. I am in dire need of vitamin sea.

It's been two months and counting since the last time I surfed and I can't believe that it's been that long. I've always make it to a point to surf at least once a month but ever since April, I find it to difficult to leave already. I told myself that I have to spend the long weekend in Baler to eat, drink and surf but then, my dad did not allow me because in the Chinese culture, it's the ghost month from August 19 to September 19 and we are advised to avoid traveling, shopping and whatnot. So even my Samar trip next weekend will be cancelled because of this. I decided to give it to Instik, Gregi's wife, a local surfer from Baler, so that she can be with his husband when they leave for Samar on Saturday. I can't believe I will miss this surfing trip...It's sad but it's better to be safe than sorry.

September 20: I'll make damn sure that I'll be in Baler!

No comments:

Post a Comment